The Accounts Assistant will be given the opportunity to learn from and assist more senior team members with the management of their client portfolio. The successful candidate is expected to show an eagerness to grow in his/her career and a willingness to build a lasting relationship with clients.
Our client is a group of companies offering a range of different services in a very dynamic and competitive B2B and B2C environments.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting members of the accounting team in the fulfilment of accounting tasks in relation to their portfolio of clients, including filing and other administrative duties;
- Supporting members of the accounting team with the VAT return workings and completion of vat returns;
- Assisting in the processing of payments on behalf of clients from various bank accounts;
- Ensure that all the tasks delegated are completed in accordance with statutory requirements and the standards set out by the Company;
- Liaising with Auditors, Tax and VAT Departments and MFSA, as directed by the Team;
- Liaising with internal departments to obtain information and supporting documentation to allow for the timely preparation of financial statements and statutory returns.
- An ‘A Level’ in Accounts coupled with an excellent grasp of standard Microsoft office tools;
- A 5-star customer service attitude, ready to work with different clients and surpass their expectations;
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written;
- Ability to work as part of a team, assisting others where necessary to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Ability to work on own initiative and a willingness to be guided by senior members of staff;
- A commitment to develop oneself and to keep furthering one’s knowledge in the Accounting field;
- Experience in a similar role will be considered an asset however training will be provided;
- An intention to undertake further Accounting/Bookkeeping qualifications or a working knowledge of Sage Line 50 would be considered an asset but not essential.
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate depending on experience.