We are looking for a Payroll and Accounts Assistant, fluent in Maltese and English, for a medium sized multi-disciplinary company providing various services including financial audit and assurance, tax services and business advisory services to a diverse and challenging client base.
Our client is a well-established accountancy and audit firm.
The selected candidate will be assigned a diverse portfolio of local and foreign clients and will be part of a professional team. He/She will be receiving continuous professional development whilst at the same time gaining invaluable experience within the growing organization.
Duties, tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Payroll preparation work for portfolio clients including the completion of all statutory forms;
- Handling of clients payroll queries and other related areas;
- Assisting the accounts department mainly in maintaining books of accounts and records, processing bank and cash reconciliations and in the preparation and completion of VAT returns;
- Assistance with ad-hoc payroll, accounting and other requirements as may be required from time to time within the company.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A minimum O’ Level standard in Accounts or related subjects, within at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Any payroll related courses or diplomas will be considered an asset, but not a requirement;
- Working knowledge of payroll software and Microsoft Excel will be considered an asset. Additional training will be provided to the selected candidate;
- Good interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to prioritise work-load and deliver work within deadlines;
- A positive attitude and be an efficient team player.
An attractive remuneration will be offer for the right candidate, depending on the work experience and qualifications.