As part of the growth in our client services portfolio, we are seeking to recruit an ambitious and driven Payroll Officer to join our experienced and dedicated client accounting team.
The Payroll Officer will be entrusted with a portfolio of clients to manage and build a lasting relationship with. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to shadow senior colleagues and gain experience within the accounts team.
Our client is a group of companies offering a range of different services in a very dynamic and competitive B2B and B2C environments.
- Prepare and execute payroll for multiple clients including collecting data from time sheets and rosters and inputting data on payroll software;
- Liaise with clients’ request and queries;
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and comply with relevant law;
- Keep abreast of new regulations/updates related to payroll;
- Assist in GDPR matters relating to payroll/employee data;
- Carry out due diligence/KYC checks for payroll clients;
- Determine tax obligations by calculating taxes and social security contributions and liaising with the Tax department where relevant;
- Perform the distribution of wages through issuance of cheques or direct transfers to employees’ bank accounts;
- Handle the processing of bank transfers on behalf of clients;
- Ensure to keep proper filing of documentation;
- Assisting in other financial, accounting, banking, and fiscal duties, as may be directed by the line manager from time to time.
- A minimum A’ level standard of education, preferably in Accounts, with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Holders of payroll related certifications will be given preference;
- Knowledge of one or more payroll software tools coupled with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- A 5-star customer service attitude, ready to work with different clients and surpass their expectations;
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written;
- A proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and internal departments ensuring lines of communication remain open;
- Ability to work as part of a team, assisting others where necessary to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision;
- Ability to prioritise between different clients and deadlines according to urgency and ability to multi-task.
An attractive remuneration will be offered to the selected candidate depending on experience and qualifications.