We are seeking to recruit a Senior Fund Accountant to join a fund administration team. The candidate must be fluent in English, ideally a qualified accountant, and hold previous experience either on the fund industry through fund administration or auditing of funds.
Our client offers experience and professional training.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing Net Asset Value Calculations and the processing of Subscription and Redemption activity for multiple funds including Anti-money Laundering and Compliance Procedures;
- Review and Preparation of Financial Statements compliant with IFRS;
- Liaising with the Funds’ Managers, Investors, Bankers, Independent Auditors and Other Service Providers to the Funds;
- Review compliance with company defined checklists, procedures and controls;
- Assist team development by providing guidance, training and mentoring to Fund Accountants, setting their goals and monitoring performance;
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently;
- Communicate any significant issues that arise to the Operations Manager;
- Establishing a strong relationship with the clients, assist with day to day requests and respond to their needs;
- Regulatory Reporting.
The candidate must have the following profile:
- In possession of a university degree in Accountancy or have attained the ACCA qualification;
- Two years fund administration related work experience. Experience in the local market will be considered an asset;
- Very good knowledge of excel and word;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- A strong interest to learn and develop a strong career in fund administration in Malta.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate, depending on the work experience and qualifications.