We are seeking to recruit a Senior Fund Accountant to join a fund administration team. The candidate must be fluent in English, ideally a qualified accountant, and hold previous experience either on the fund industry through fund administration or auditing of funds.
Our client is one of the leading and most established companies in the financial and investment services industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing Net Asset Value Calculations and the processing of Subscription and Redemption activity for multiple funds including Anti-money Laundering and Compliance Procedures;
- Review and Preparation of Financial Statements compliant with IFRS;
- Liaising with the Funds’ Managers, Investors, Bankers, Independent Auditors and Other Service Providers to the Funds;
- Review compliance with company defined checklists, procedures and controls;
- Assist team development by providing guidance, training and mentoring to Fund Accountants, setting their goals and monitoring performance;
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently;
- Communicate any significant issues that arise to the Operations Manager;
- Establishing a strong relationship with the clients, assist with day to day requests and respond to their needs;
- Regulatory Reporting.
The ideal candidate must have the following profile:
- In possession of a university degree in Accountancy or have attained the ACCA qualification;
- Two years fund administration related work experience.
- Experience in the local market will be considered an asset;
- Very good knowledge of excel and word;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- A strong interest to learn and develop a strong career in fund administration in Malta.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate, depending on the work experience and qualifications.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/considered.