An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful gaming company in Malta as a Compliance Officer. The Compliance Officer will be responsible for strengthening the operations here in Malta.
Our client is an established gaming company here in Malta.
Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
- Owning the due diligence process for all B2B suppliers
- Investigating and assessing potential money laundering risks as well as any weaknesses
- Ensuring efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions
- Investigating and reviewing AML related sanction and PEP alerts
- Preparing weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to MLRO and Head of Department
- Maintaining a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies procedures, regulation, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends
- Timely execution of instructions received from MLRO and Head of Department
- Owning the company’s legal archive
- Proficient user in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Deciding and initiating action and adhering to principles & values
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Strong analytical skills required to organise and analyse multiple, complex data sets as well as strong interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Strong technical skills, database skills, including working with advanced data sets and statistical functions and methods;
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, develop comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks;
- Being eager to learn and to deliver on expectations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Maltese
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate together with other benefits.
- Candidates who hold AML Compliance specific experience will be given preference
- General understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools, and KYC automated solutions is helpful;
- Certification in AML would be a distinctive advantage
- Igaming experience is also required