An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Head of Legal & Compliance to join one of the most well-established iGaming companies here in Malta. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the General Counsel and will be managing a team of lawyers. The role will mainly focus on AML, Data Protection and Responsible Gaming, however it will cover a variety of regulatory, intellectual property, corporate and commercial related matters.
An established online modern casino with thousands of innovative games for all users.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Researching and remaining abreast of developments in multi-national regulatory online gambling regimes by ensuring mitigation of potential risk and/or overall compliance with local law and regulations
- Developing and promoting responsible gambling practices across the business
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by: keeping abreast of regulatory developments; systemically creating, updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures; managing regulatory reporting processes and liaising with authorities, and co-coordinating audits
- Developing and maintaining gaming licenses in several countries by managing license applications and ensuring compliance with license conditions and requirements
- Ensuring compliance with multi-national anti=money laundering laws and sanctions, and assisting with the reporting of suspicious transactions
- Updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing customer terms and conditions and advising in relation to customer complaints and disputes
- Updating, implementing and enforcing affiliate terms and conditions and advising in relation to affiliate complaints
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating international legal documents and commercial contracts with games and payment service providers and other suppliers
- collaborating with the finance department to ensure proper and efficient payment of gaming and other taxes across markets
- Assisting with changes to the corporate structure and other corporate matters and affairs
- ensuring content and brand protection by registration, Maintenance and renewal of intellectual property rights and by assisting in any IP disputes that may arise from time to time and developing and implementing a domain name strategy
- Dealing with a variety of topics related to the operations of the company, acting as a service provider to and working in close collaboration with stakeholders within the business and managing external legal services, paper and electronic filing and administrative procedures
Candidates must necessarily possess:
- A positive mindset and a can-do attitude
- Excellent people management skills
- A University degree in Law
- Previous experience in a similar role within the iGaming industry
- Excellent command of the English language
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate depending on the profile and experience.