Our client is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Junior Legal Counsel to join their Legal & Compliance Department. In this role, the candidate will be primarily responsible for the management of the company’s legal compliance requirements involving gaming regulatory framework, as well as AML matters and EU data protection issues focusing on the Maltese jurisdiction.
Our client is one of the fastest growing sports betting and casino portals and known as a leading betting and gaming establishment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising on rules and regulations relating to territories globally and ensuring business legal compliance with applicable gaming and financial regulatory requirements
- Assisting with the day to day compliance of the company and necessary due diligence, as well as assisting with reporting requirements to local and overseas regulatory authorities including those regulating anti-money laundering procedures, MGA License procedures and data protection matters
- Advising various departments within the organisation on regulatory requirements
- Providing a comprehensive legal service to the company, supporting on strategic initiatives, and supporting the legal department/other teams by drafting, reviewing and advising on service agreements, framework agreements, tender and related agreements with a focus on gaming
- Developing legal precedents in line with Malta legal, regulatory environment including drafting/creating new policies and procedures as and when needed to ensure the management of compliance related projects
- Overseeing and ensuring the company´s sites and operations comply with regulations focusing on – but not limited to – GDPR, responsible gaming, marketing, internal websites, brands, policies and procedures and all new and relevant regulations
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Law as well as at least 3 years of experience ideally within private practice or in-house within a similar sized gaming organisation
- Fluency in English and Maltese
- Excellent communication skills and good time management skills are required, as well as a ‘can do’ attitude
- The ideal candidate must be reliable and presentable, very well self-organised, and must be able to manage projects successfully
A salary of 30-40K gross per year will be offered to the right candidate depending on the profile and the experience
- Candidates must be willing to travel on a regular basis when required