An opportunity for a Big Data Engineer who will be at the core of the data eco-system identifying unstructured data sources, building map-reduce processes and making the data available for consumption through the data lake, both within the department as well as by other data consumers. The role requires flexibility to work on an on-call basis as needed for production support.
Our client is an established bank offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Creating, optimizing and maintaining distributed, fault-tolerant and scalable data pipelines
- Extending and enriching a high-performance, geo-clustered Data Lake whilst monitoring and maintaining the overall production of the Big Data Stack health
- Testing and deploying new solutions or patches to existing systems under established change control procedures
- Improving the Data processes and procedures continuously to accelerate delivery and raise quality standards, and conducting design and code review to ensure compliance with standards for production deployments
- Maintaining source control, records and documentation as appropriate in a regulated bank
- Providing support for the full stack of technologies and systems within the department to ensure SLAs are kept and working towards attaining expert level knowledge of core technologies used by the department
- Responding to production issues or incidents during and off business hours and providing data integration and expertise to the organisation as needed
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in application development or production support
- Working experience or good understanding of Data Lake concepts and technologies
- Practical experience using Big Data tools and technologies such as Talend for BD, Hive, Spark, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, and Pig
- Strong documentation skills both of existing systems and of new requirements
- Ability to understand underlying data in complex systems and identify improvements
- Willing to conduct research and learn new technologies
- Knowledge of banking and investment products will be considered an asset
- Exposure to business intelligence and data warehousing will be considered an asset
- Experience working in an agile environment and in a regulated industry will be considered an asset
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with skills set and experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/considered.