An opportunity for a Data Engineering Manager who will lead a team of Data Engineers using modern tools across Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Data Services to consume and expose data from this central function to deliver data for analytics, platforms and business processes. The chosen candidate needs to be passionate about building scalable data models and architecture for use by every team with the aim of making it easy for BI, analytics, systems and other data consumers to build data-driven products, features and insights.
Our client is an established financial organisation offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Leading the team to deliver data projects at scale and overseeing performance, training and professional development
- Setting and driving the technical roadmap through resource requirements, planning and allocation
- Designing and architect large scale data infrastructure in production (performance, reliability and monitoring)
- Serving data models as a product to entire organisation through implementation and debugging
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and handling failure scenarios
- Collaborating with the Data Product team to address data sourcing and provision requirements
- Supporting the business leads and other stakeholders within the group and subsidiaries with their data needs
- Coordinating with other technology and infrastructure teams to ensure all bank platforms collect and provide appropriate data for analysis
- Liaising with the BI chapter to ensure reporting and analytics needs can be addressed by the centralised data warehouse and data lake, and identifying additional external sources for enrichment
- Supporting the data quality initiatives by building into the architecture the necessary data integrity and accuracy controls
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in data engineering and a minimum of 2 years’ experience hiring, managing and mentoring teams of data engineers
- Experience with the Apache Hadoop stack (Spark, Hive, HBase, Pig, Kafka)
- Experience with Data PaaS and SaaS architecture and tools such as Redshift, Snowflake and S3
- Proficiency in Java with exposure to Python or R
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL and Oracle engines and performance
- Knowledge of data platforms such as Talend, Informatica, Pentaho
- Knowledge of distributed logging platforms ideally ELK stack
- Experience in the transformation of internal platforms to a cloud-based data ecosystem would be considered an asset
An attractive remuneration package, including several benefits, commensurate with skills set and experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/considered.