The Data Operations Engineer will be the focal point for data flows, namely identifying sources, building processes and making the data available to consumers through the Data Warehouse, while also being responsible for the Data Warehouse production stack.
Our client is an established bank offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Building, optimizing and maintaining high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable and distributed Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes
- Maintaining and enhancing a high-performance, fault-tolerant, business critical Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and upkeep of overall production Data Stack health
- Testing and deployment of new solutions or patches to existing systems under established change control procedures
- Building collaborative partnerships with IT engineers, analysts, function leads and key individuals within other business teams
- Continuous improvement of Data processes and procedures to accelerate delivery and raise quality standards
- Conducting design and code review to ensure compliance with standards for production deployments
- Maintaining source control, records and documentation, as appropriate in a regulated bank
- Providing first or second level support for the full stack of technologies and systems within the department
- Work towards attaining expert level knowledge of at least one core technology of the department
- Resolution/Escalation of issues in a timely manner. If escalation, co-ordinate with other teams on incident/issue resolution as needed – including business users, developers, technical contacts, external suppliers, etc.
- Responding to production issues/incidents during and off-business hours (in team support rota)
- Working as part of a fast paced team supporting multiple applications, collaborating with other developers and analysts as needed
- Other duties as may be determined from time to time by the Architect – Data Operations
- At least 3 years’ work experience in application development and/or production support with hands on development
- Strong SQL on a mainstream RDBMS such as MS SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Practical experience with administering Linux systems and/or Linux hosted services in a production environment
- Practical experience using data integration tools (Talend / Pentaho / SSIS / Informatica)
- Strong documentation skills, both of existing systems and of new requirements
- General attention to detail, thoroughness and technical accuracy with deliverables
- Ability to understand underlying data in complex systems and identify improvements
- Flexibility and available to work on an on-call basis, as needed for production support
- A proactive attitude and ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Comfortable oral and written communication in English
- Willing to conduct research and learn new technologies
An attractive remuneration package, including other benefits, will be offered to the right candidate.