An opportunity for a Data Operations Engineer who will be the focal point for data flows, namely identifying sources, building processes and making the data available to consumers through the Data Warehouse while also being responsible for the Data Warehouse production stack. The role requires flexibility and availability to work on an on-call basis as needed for production support.
Our client is an established bank offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Building, optimizing and maintaining high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable and distributed Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes
- Maintaining and enhancing a high-performance, fault-tolerant, business critical Data Warehouse, and monitoring and maintaining the overall production of the Data Stack health
- Testing and deployment of new solutions or patches to existing systems under established change control procedures
- Continuously improving data processes and procedures to accelerate delivery and raise quality standards
- Conducting design and code review to ensure compliance with standards for production deployments
- Providing first or second level support for the full stack of technologies and systems within the department
- Resolving or escalating issues in a timely manner and co-ordinating with other teams on incident or issue resolution as needed when escalating issues
- Responding to production issues or incidents during and off-business hours in team support rota
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in application development or production support with hands on development
- Strong SQL skills on a mainstream RDBMS such as MS SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Practical experience with administering Linux systems or Linux hosted services in a production environment
- Practical experience using data integration tools such as Talend, Pentaho, SSIS and Informatica
- Strong documentation skills both of existing systems and of new requirements
- Ability to understand underlying data in complex systems and identify improvements
An attractive remuneration package, including several benefits, commensurate with skills set and experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/considered.