An opportunity for a Data Services Engineer who will be the focal point for the development of API-based services, providing data to various consumers inside and outside the organisation. The role requires flexibility to work on an on-call basis as required for production support.
Our client is an established financial organisation offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Designing and developing web services, focusing on simplicity, performance, and scalability
- Providing technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design and implementation
- Continuously improving the Data Services solutions to accelerate delivery and raise quality standards
- Conducting design and code review to ensure compliance with standards for production deployments
- Including integrated test automation as part of the drive towards continuous integration
- Maintaining source control, records and documentation as appropriate in a regulated bank to improve resilience and eliminate single point of failure
- Responding to production issues or incidents during and off-business hours, in team support rota, and resolving and escalating issues in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related subject, or equivalent technical knowledge and skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in API development in Java
- In depth understanding of distributed architectures, and strong object-oriented background and web services
- Good understanding of messaging based architecture, asynchronous messaging patterns and queuing systems
- Strong SQL skills on a mainstream RDBMS such as MS SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Strong documentation skills of both existing systems and new requirements
- Ability to understand underlying data in complex systems and identify improvements
- Practical experience using a data services platform, such as Talend, Mulesoft or WSO2 will be considered an asset
An attractive remuneration package, including several benefits, commensurate with skills set and experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/considered.