An opportunity for a DevOps Engineer who will report to the DevOps Manager, assist in tackling the organisations toughest technical problems, and ensuring the smooth running of both our web applications and the underlying technology, including infrastructure level, OS and DB level, and Development level. The selected candidate will also assist in managing any gaps and taking proactive steps to prevent web application emergencies from happening.
Our client is an established bank offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Managing the building of automated deployments through configuration management technologies, including CI/CD pipeline and collaborating between other IT departments by transforming the functional work experience and breaking down the silos
- Assisting the DevOps Manager in the development, build and drive of the IT solutions, transformation, and service delivery for all Online Platforms, both public and private, in an agile environment as well as in maintaining application stability across all the participating functional areas. This includes handling of the incident resolution, problems, and enhancements, while striving to improve the systems usability and availability
- Coordinating with the IT team for troubleshooting, maintenance, capacity management, and architectural design and deployment of new tools and infrastructure, whilst assisting the team in performing routine application maintenance tasks and in the requirements gathering and procedure definition for the implementation of routine maintenance
- Contributing in the build and design of the monitoring and operational tools for operations support, and reporting and responding to critical security events, including taking corrective measures according to defined security policies and procedures
- Assisting in routine performance management by evaluating the Banks applications and online platforms, conducting gap analysis and recommending the most practical changes or modifications
- Researching and identifying emerging technologies which could be potentially assimilated, integrated and employed, while contributing in maintaining an IT infrastructure that creates value for the Company through continuous improvement and engagement with other departments
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a DevOps or similar role
- Advanced diploma in ICT or higher
- Demonstrated skills in managing and coordinating activities related to environment preparation, deployment, release management and other similar activities for production and lower level environments
- Excellent understanding of software development life cycle
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD applications and automated build and deploy configuration and processes
- Knowledge of container-centric management environments, such as Kubernetes, will be considered an asset
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with skills set and experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/considered.