An opportunity for a Digital Monitoring Platform Specialist who will be responsible for building and driving an effective and mature monitoring platform that keeps the technology that powers the business from negatively affecting the cash flow.
Our client is an established bank offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Monitoring, alerting, escalation mechanism, dashboards, and overall framework encapsulating the Group’s business applications, services, systems, networks and underlying infrastructure running in diverse locations
- Driving technology towards the use of a central monitoring platform, which involves monitoring from the end user experience, application performance monitoring, application security monitoring, and infrastructure monitoring
- Providing consultancy and subject matter expert level support while applying proven analytical and problem-solving skills to develop and customise enhancements to the overall monitoring platform
- Participating in the provisioning phase ensuring that the implementations of new systems and services are taking into account all monitoring aspects while providing the necessary documentation and procedures
- Working closely with the IT Security team to support and build tuned and efficient application security monitoring, dashboards, triggers and escalation flows
- Working with key stakeholders to assist in the creation and refinement of SLAs formed from service level indicators and objectives driven from data through the monitoring platform
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent technical knowledge
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Platform knowledge across Windows, Unix, Linux, Java, .Net, SQL and Virtualisation technologies
- Experience with IT Infrastructure Monitoring tools for Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics, Application, Infrastructure Availability and Performance Management
- Scripting knowledge across scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Shell, Perl, and Python
- At least three of the following:
- Experience with application performance management and IT operations analytics tools, such as AppDynamics
- Experience with Security Monitoring and Incident Management systems
- Knowledge of automation tools, such as Jenkins
- Experience with configuring and using automated monitoring tools
- NOC and SOC integration experience
- Application Development or Support and Performance Engineering experience
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
An attractive remuneration package, including several benefits, commensurate with skills set and experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/considered.