A great opportunity for experienced Full Stack Development Lead, who is looking to join a young, vibrant and growing team in Malta and work on some of the coolest products within the iGaming industry. As a Lead, you will be designing and building the core of the company for the years to come. The ever-growing in-house platform needs more expertise to deliver to customers a cutting edge experience with unique features in our sector. They love the LEMP stack, but are not limited to that, as they are always looking into new tech to broad the stack.
An established online modern casino with thousands of innovative games for all users.
- Designing and implementing high-availability and scalable applications, surrounded by micro services and third-party APIs
- Working on backend alongside with PHP, MySQL, LXC containers, Redis, Cassandra, GraphQL, Elasticsearch or Hadoop
- Code frontend with the JS framework we love, Vue.js
- Implement new features as well as maintaining and improving the existing functionality as well as performance
- Together with other team members, draw out the big picture architectural vision of the product
- Be responsible for establishing a share team technical vision which is aligned with the product roadmap
- Cooperating with the multiple teams and close the gap between stakeholders and developers, with ability to look at a problem and come up with practical solutions
- Guide our passionate developers through coaching and mentoring and finding new opportunities to learn through the continuous delivery of value
- Leading design discussions, retrospectives and empowering teams to find solutions to complex engineering challenges
- Taking initiative, while aware of the accountability and leadership responsibility that comes with it
- You will confront outstanding challenges even when it comes to supporting legacy systems
- Reporting on the team’s productivity and constantly grow and improve yourself and the team
- Conduct design and code reviews within team to ensure that code meets our quality standards
- Leading by example and ensure that all the department policies, processes and rules are followed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent, plus a minimum of 4 – 5 years’ experience in a software development position
- Experience in leading a team
- Strong background in architecting and developing complex systems
- Experience in fostering a culture of modern engineering practices and understand that a micro-service architecture is not all roses
- Ability to work independently and be team-oriented
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills driven, proactive & enthusiastic with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Attractive salary and loads of other benefits, such as health insurance, annual gym allowance, flexible hours and more.