As a leader in the IT department, the IT Manager will be responsible for organisation-wide systems and information, managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget and providing direction for IT team members.
Our client is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and sharing of information for compliance purposes.
- Managing and maintaining the company’s IT Systems, providing support and resolving issues in order to ensure stable operation, availability, integrity and reliability.
- Administration of the Unit’s e-mail communications, office and database applications.
- Writing and maintaining documentation for IT Systems installation and configurations, operations, development and data management in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Creating and maintaining user accounts and assigning permissions through Active Directory and other application systems.
- Proposing improvements to systems and processes.
- Providing second level support to staff and training to users when required.
- Producing technical design ideas for new technologies.
- Developing and maintaining of the Unit’s Information Security Policies, standards and procedures, related to IT Security, IT Risk, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Monitor and investigate security alerts, audit logs and reports, and manage IT security incidents.
- Conduct periodic audits and investigate potential or confirmed security risks.
- Development and maintenance of the Units Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Plan including hardware, software, connectivity and web services.
- Applicants must be in possession of a University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working within a similar role.
- Experience in maintaining and managing an IT Infrastructure in the following areas: Network (LAN, WAN), Storage and Backup, Active Directory, VMWare, and Windows Systems Administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of Network Optimization Solutions.
- An advanced understanding of IP Networks, network components and using tools to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues.
- Expertise in anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods.
- Experience in developing contingency plans to deal with organizational emergencies.
- Experience with Dell and CISCO switches and VLAN configuration.
- MSCA certification would be considered an asset.
- Fluency in both Maltese and English.
An attractive remuneration package plus performance related bonus.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be considered and acknowledged.