An opportunity for an IT Networks & Security Engineer to join a team of highly dedicated Network and Security IT professionals based in Malta to manage the Group’s IP Network, Security and Voice services covering operations in Malta and overseas. The selected candidate will be required to be on-call after hours on a recurring basis, and reports to the IT Networks and Security Manager.
Our client is an established financial organisation offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Designing and updating the network and security services including firewalls, routers, switches, voice platforms, load balancers, network intrusion detection systems and DDOS protection
- Championing the network security within the Group and working closely with the Networks & Security team to make sure that all necessary configurations, controls and monitoring solutions are in place
- Leading the monitoring and regular testing of the Network Security in close coordination with IT and Risk departments
- Working with the development teams to enhance and improve system operability. Conducting tests of network redundancy, resilience and failover of network elements
- Managing the network security incidents in close coordination with IT Security
- Maintaining external relationships with the chosen service partners, hardware and software vendors
- Supporting the Group in obtaining the necessary IT Security certification (e.g. ISO 27001 and PCI-DSS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in network security deployments and administration
- Experience in dealing with SandBox systems and various vulnerability scanners
- In depth knowledge of network security products
- Knowledge of the cyber threats landscape, adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP), general attack stages, kill-chain and attack types
- Knowledge and experience in incident handling and incident response methodologies
- Experience in dealing with ISO 27001 and PCI-DSS certifications in the banking environment will be considered as an asset
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with skills set and experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/considered.