An opportunity for an IT Operations Officer who will report to the IT Operations Team Leader, form part of the IT Operations team and will build and automate the monitoring and controls of the Company’s processes and services, whilst managing the release cycle on both test and production environments. The selected candidate will be required to work on a shift basis.
Our client is an established bank offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Optimising, controlling and automating IT Operations using the appropriate system tools, including schedulers and scripts
- Developing and maintaining procedures for operating, maintaining access rights, tracing changes, maintaining release notes, installations and moves to test and production environments
- Assisting the DevOps team in managing and executing the release cycle
- Participating in maintenance of regular test Backup Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan whilst assisting in monitoring the service level for IT Operations
- Preparing moves to production after having all necessary sign offs from asset owners together with the Application Owners and Release Manager
- Troubleshooting and rectifying second level issues directly and escalating third level issues to the right experts, including Application Development, Technical Infrastructure, Architect and Data-model or external vendors, and following up issue resolution and documentation
- Providing technical assistance as and when required and maintaining and executing daily tasks on test and production environment
- Assisting and drive the day to day running of the Banking Systems and supervising IT Operations processes covering day and night shifts
- Advanced diploma in ICT or a higher qualification, or equivalent technical knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, troubleshooting, user and system support and maintenance of multi-user applications (both back end and front end)
- Knowledge scripting languages (such as Shell, PowerShell, and Perl), Unix or Linux OS, and databases (such as Microsoft SQL or Oracle will be considered an asset
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with skills set and experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/considered.
John Dimech +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2220 (direct)