The IT Support Officer will be responsible for maintaining the existing IT systems of the whole group, and cooperating with external suppliers and technical service providers. S/he will help in the planning of new IT systems for internal use as well as for production purposes, provide client support as well and ensure the computer systems, telephones and networks are operable and safe.
Our client is a well-established company within the financial services industry.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
- Replacing parts as required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
- Testing and evaluating new technology;
- Conducting general maintenance pertaining to the IT infrastructure.
- Advanced Diploma in IT;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working within an IT support environment;
- Knowledge in Linux and Windows in general;
- Technical know-how on Enterprise IT Equipment;
- Knowledge in HA clustering and configurations and MS SQL server database administration.
- Experience in Linux CentOS & Redhat, Windows 2008 & 2012 Serves, HA Clustering, MS SQL Server 2008 – 2014, MS Exchange 2010 & 2013, MS SharePoint 2013, MS Skype For Business 2015, MS Navision Dynamics 2013, VMware technologies, Cisco Firewalls, Switching & PABX;
- Problem solving and decision making;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of another language preferable and good written and verbal communication.
An attractive salary and other benefits including opportunities for further growth.