An opportunity for an IT Support Officer to join the IT support team and reporting to the IT Technical & Support Manager, and provide IT support services to the internal customer base, ensuring that work is successfully prioritised and completed in accordance with the business expectations. This role involves being at the forefront of resolving all IT related issues either by phone, email or internal ticketing.
Duties include hardware and software support, virtual desktop infrastructure (Citrix) support and windows active directory, email domain admin, basic Linux server admin, systems backup and data recovery.
Our client is a market leader in the management and administration of risk transfer structures and investments together with savings products. They are the largest global independent insurance manager, providing a spectrum services for the life-cycle of insurance companies and risk transfer structures. This company is also a leading turnkey administrator of life, pension and investment products.
- Troubleshooting user issues using a variety of support tools including remote administration on workstations, laptops and virtual desktops
- Assist users with internal and mainstream applications including Microsoft Office and Quickbooks.
- Carry out Windows Domain Active Directory and Google Apps for Work administration tasks
- Following defined processes in terms of incident logging and ticketing ensuring tasks are completed and resolved within agreed service levels
- Tracking issues with vendors and providers to successful completion
- Managing system backups and data recovery operations
- Handle workstation, laptop and server operating system patching
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement of the incident tracking process
- Provide regular status updates to the IT Technical Manager and the IT Operations team
- Assist with emergency support
- Diploma level or equivalent in IT related subjects required as a minimum
- Proven hands-on experience in specifying / troubleshooting / configuring user and customer IT issues – 1 year in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Windows Operating systems, including Active Directory and Group Policy maintenance, Networking and TCP/IP, User Administration, Linux server administration, VMware vCentre management and Citrix XenApp
- A good team player able to work on a two-shift basis covering 08:00 through 20:00
- Flexible in providing occasional on-call out of hours support (against payment)
- Has good verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Able to work under pressure and shifting priorities
An attractive remuneration package include allowance for after hours on calls.