An opportunity for an IT Support Officer whose main responsibilities will be to support the staff in the daily running of the IT section. Half days during the summer and there is also the possibility of having flexible working hours.
Our client is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and sharing of information for compliance purposes.
- Assisting in installing, inspecting and maintaining computers systems, IT infrastructure and network systems as required and in accordance with the Company’s IT policies and procedures;
- Responding to enquiries regarding system operation from users, tracking of issues and solutions;
- Performing daily system monitoring of servers and storages and responsible for managing backups and tape rotation;
- Assisting in managing and maintaining windows and mail user accounts;
- Assisting in the analysis, evaluation, purchasing and implementation of IT hardware and software;
- Maintenance of the Company’s website;
- Maintaining and updating incident and service request logs;
- Providing basic training to end-users when necessary;
- Providing support in relation to communications through the Egmont Secure Web and FIUNET and to maintain these systems in liaison with providers;
- Provide assistance for the implementation of the Company’s Business Continuity and Recovery Plan;
- ICT related administrative duties that include filing, record keeping and report writing;
- Receiving training on new technologies and training related to future technical assignments;
- Performing any other duties related to ICT as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
- A-level standard of education and be skilled in providing user support and systems administration services within the Unit.
- A-level in ICT or a relevant recognised qualification in ICT at MQF level 4.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, be well organised, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Have a professional attitude and appearance, strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and be fluent both in the Maltese and English language.
- Demonstrated ICT systems support administration experience in a similar role will be considered favourably.
An attractive salary commensurate with skills set and experience, including health and life insurance group cover. Health insurance is also extended to the employee’s spouse and any dependents under the age of eighteen and residing with the employee.
Applications from non-EU citizens will be not acknowledge/considered.