An opportunity for an IT Systems Administrator who will report to the IT Systems Architect, and will form part of a team managing the IT Infrastructure services, operating systems, and high-availability databases, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL, and PostgreSQL, covering operations in Malta, England, and Belgium. The selected candidate will be involved in capacity planning, installation, configuration, design, performance monitoring and tuning, security, troubleshooting, and ensuring effective backup and recovery routines, and this role requires flexibility to work on an on-call roster supporting off hours and weekends.
Our client is an established bank offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Building and supporting data centre environments including infrastructure services, virtualisation platforms and operating systems and assisting the Architect in the design, build, and management of complex clustered databases
- Providing continuous monitoring, troubleshooting, and first level maintenance of various application servers, systems and associated peripherals, including adequate follow ups
- Installing and maintaining Operational System software, patch levels, firmware, drivers and related program products up to date whilst configuring and customising software according to requirements
- Working to reduce complexity and cost in database environments through analysis and implementation of database consolidation and rationalization
- Maintaining the Disaster Recovery capability and in case the primary site is not reachable, operate the Disaster Recovery whilst reporting and responding to critical security events and taking corrective measures according to defined security policies and procedure
- Engaging in capacity planning and monitoring usage reports and recommending alternatives to infrastructure reconfiguration including replacement or addition of capacity
- Investigating, evaluating and reporting on new equipment, systems, processes and standards whilst producing and maintaining appropriate documentation describing hardware setups, diagrams, operational procedures and overall inventory
- Supporting other technical staff in performing account management, disk space management, backups, baseline security administration, testing of system features and other systems administration activities
- A minimum of 3 years experience operating and managing IT systems in mission critical environment
- Advanced diploma in ICT or higher
- Strong experience with Linux Servers, such as RedHat, Centos, and Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Knowledge on some of the following technologies: Relational database management systems, including Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL; AIX and Solaris with relevant experience on IBM AIX software and hardware configurations; Storage Area Networks and HA using cluster technologies; Enterprise backup solutions, such as Veeam and HPE DataProtector; Virtualization Technologies; Microsoft Operating systems; Container-centric management environments, such as Kubernetes; Hadoop Big Data, such as Cloudera
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with skills set and experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/considered.