An opportunity for an RBS Field Technician to join a global technology company and become responsible for the maintenance and servicing of equipment related to radio base stations and transmission networks.
Our client is a leading operator of cutting edge technology committed to providing high quality telecommunication and data services.
- Upkeep of BTS sites
- To carry out regular maintenance of all RBS sites and diagnosis and rectification of faults on all BTS equipment
- Upkeep of the transmission equipment, and all equipment other than that found on BTS sites
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on all transmission equipment
- To carry out regular maintenance of any other operational equipment used to provide service to subscribers
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on all equipment described above
- Installation work
- To carry out installation of RBS hardware on sites (including, but not exclusively, poles, cable trays, cables, antenna panels, microwave links and equipment cabinets)
- Work at height
- Willing to work at heights (especially, but not exclusively, on telecom towers)
- Undergo training and certification courses for working at heights as per company policy
- Undergo periodical medical examinations, as per company policy, to ensure physical fitness for working at heights
- Call-out work
- Faults occurring outside office hours need to be attended to as required, such work is covered through a call-out roster so that support to systems and equipment is effectively on a 24/7 basis
- Technician certificate in telecommunications or electronics or equivalent. Alternatively hands on experience working in a telecommunications/electronics environment
- Familiarity with common software packages such as MS applications are considered an asset
- Familiarity with Autocad considered an asset
- Possession of Cisco CCNA certification considered an asset
- Possession of Enemalta Licence A considered an asset
An attractive remuneration package including a number of benefits.
Applications from non-EU residents will not be accepted/acknowledged.