An excellent opportunity for Senior Java Developers to join an established technology company operating within the financial services sector, in their newly setup operation in Malta.
A global electronic payment company which provides a range of products for secure, real-time electronic monetary transactions. Their payment platform coordinates cloud computing with jurisdictional banking frameworks to provide real time and secure payment processing to governments, financial institutions, businesses and consumers, at reduced cost.
- Translate high level business requirements into system design within the existing system architecture
- Ensure high quality in deliverables and continuous improvement within area of responsibility
- Develop, test and maintain Java code as dictated by project requirements
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Work with and mentor junior team members
- Construct Proof of Concepts and assess their viability
- Evaluate and provide feedback on available and emerging technologies to determine the potential impacts and business value
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in an application development role
- Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks, Object-Oriented design, and development principles
- Strong skills in Mobility design and GUI usability methodologies
- A team player, with strong communication skills and capacity to produce high quality deliverables with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to balance scope and quality against time to market in a minimum viable product whilst working towards the right level quality in the final product
- Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Working experience in Talend Studio, Postgres, Greenplum, Linux, C++ and/or PHP will be considered an asset
An excellent remuneration package plus other benefits will be offered to he right candidate.
Applications from non-EU residents will not be accepted/acknowledged.