An opportunity for a Systems Engineer, who possesses strong I.T. knowledge together with a personal sense of responsibility, ability to work independently and a keen eye for detail. As a team player you must be meticulous, organised, self-driven, and proactive in your work. As a self-motivated person you must be willing to learn new things and be able to multitask and have a problem-solving mindset. You should thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment, and approach even the smallest task with an open mind
Our client is an established bank specialising in highly personalised banking and innovative investment solutions backed by experience, competence and robust support services.
- Managing, upgrading and monitoring the company’s network infrastructure, software and hardware;
- Responsibility for daily technical operations and service request resolution;
- Identifying and mitigate issues that impede application service delivery;
- Researching improvements or shortfalls of existing applications and make suggestions;
- Gathering or relating technical requirements to/from non-technical people;
- Supporting and assisting technical and non-technical issues;
- Investigating and reporting on new technologies and systems as requested;
- Developing strategies to implement systems into the company’s Infrastructure;
- Documenting all designs, systems and procedures;
- Serving as escalation point for complex support issues;
- Performing monitoring and preventative maintenance on servers;
- Keeping departmental policies updated;
- Assisting in maintaining the Bank’s backup and disaster recovery procedures;
- Developing and maintaining scripts and utilities that aid in the operation, automation, and administration of systems, networks, and other operational tasks;
- Maintain and update VOIP Systems;
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time;
- Carry duties outside office hours when needed.
- 3+ years’ experience in a global IT infrastructure environment – preferably in the Finance sector;
- MQF Level 6 Certification or/& MCSE Certification
- Other certifications such as CCNA, LPI will be considered as an asset
- Powershell/Phyton scripting experience will be considered as an asset;
- Experience with Virtualised Environments including ESXi;
- Experience with Windows and Linux Topologies;
- Experience with SANs or NAS Storage devices;
- Experience in Remote Desktop Services;
- Possess troubleshooting skills and resolving problems;
- Experience with HP or Aruba Switches;
- Experience with ITL or ITSM processes;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal & organizational skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees/management;
- Ability to stay focused to ensure that projects are completed accurately and on time, be able to prioritize and complete multiple interdepartmental tasks in a timely manner;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work independently.
An attractive salary commensurate with skills set and experience.
Applications from non-citizens will not be acknowledge and/or considered.