An opportunity for a Systems and Network Engineer with IT expertise and strong leadership skills, who is passionate about technology and management of IT projects and will be responsible to oversee the IT needs of the company to deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
A betting company that provides a platform to interact and measure expertise and knowledge of football.
- Manage the platform, and plan for the IT needs of the company
- Manage the company’s information technology and computer systems
- Supervise the implementation and maintenance of general computing needs
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and networks and implement new system as the company grows
- Ensure smooth migrations from old systems to new
- Responsibility for ensuring smooth operations with our hosting service providers in Malta and elsewhere
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations and general IT security
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time, to minimise any disruption to the business
- Handle the IT related annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Managing and liaising with the development team in Ukraine – by communicating job expectations and monitoring performance, upgrades and bug fixes
- Liaise with the Product manager and the rest of the team to prioritize, develop, implement and quality assure product development and new features
- Evaluation of projects in all their stages and after completion
- Proven working experience as a Network Administrator, IT Administrator or a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data center management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Proven experience in Linux production environment
- Experience in Windows environments
- Knowledge on how to support and troubleshoot both windows and MAC OSX environments.
- Sound understanding of MongoDB
- Familiarity with Cisco networking equipment would be preferred
- Detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes
- Ability to manage personnel, and possess strong leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A flexible individual able to adapt to the changing business needs
- A fast decision maker able to prioritize tasks
- Willing to travel on occasional basis
- A hands-on person with a can-do approach
An attractive package will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications from non-EU citizens will not be acknowledged/accepted.