An opportunity for a Technical Support Officer to form part of the IT Infrastructure department that oversees the company’s IT network, servers and security systems whilst ensuring business continuity is maintained.
Our client is a long-established and successful international financial advisory group. The company consists of a solid network of experienced professionals, which are the backbone of this company, allowing them to provide nothing short of the high-quality, and trustworthy financial advice.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Replacing parts as required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with staff and other professionals, such as software developers;
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Minimum level of education is diploma level, preferably in a related field such as MCAST-BTEC Diploma in IT or its equivalent
- 1 years’ work experience in technical support
Applications from non-EU candidates will not be considered, and foreign candidates must already be residing in Malta prior to applying.