The selected candidate will be responsible for performing general accounting and tax duties in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures and in conformity with international accounting standards and tax regulations. This role is ideal for candidates who are in their initial stages of their career and are seeking to develop their accounting career in the Banking industry.
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts;
- Processing accounting entries;
- Performing ledger and bank reconciliations;
- Providing support to the procurement function;
- Assisting with disclosures in the published accounts;
- Assisting with internal and external audits;
- Staying adjourned and adhering to the latest AML/CFT policies and procedures; and
- Documenting procedures, accounting policies, external guidance, and controls related to the accounting function.
- Diploma in Accounting (preferably AAT) or must be partly qualified through ACCA or a fresh accounting graduate through university;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficient in MS Excel and other MS Office applications;
- Self-driven and keen to develop skills and enhance knowledge;
- Apply analytical thinking;
- Eu citizenship and currently working in Malta
- Be an avid team-player with a commitment to assist and cooperate with other team members;