The Anti-Money laundering Officer shall report directly to the Senior Executive – Anti-Money Laundering in the performance of his/her duties. The role principally involves the conducting of AML/CFT supervisory examinations on Land-Based and Remote Gaming Licensees.
- Liaising when necessary, with Gaming Licensees, on matters pertinent to AML/CFT;
- Assisting with the analysis of documentation of Gaming Licensees pertinent to AML/CFT such as Risk Assessments, Customer Acceptance Policies and AML Policies and Procedures;
- Acting as the supervisory officer in performing AML/CFT examinations on Gaming Licensees to assess their compliance with the AML/CFT obligations under the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations, independently or jointly with the FIAU;
- Assisting the AML Senior Executive and the AML Executive with the drafting of reports of the findings identified during AML/CFT examinations;
- Organising and structuring of examination files in line with the AML Unit’s record keeping policy;
- Conducting appraisals on applicant MLROs, aimed at assessing their competence and knowledge to occupy such role; and
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree Level of education or equivalent. (Diploma level or equivalent will be considered if covered with relevant experience).
- Analytical and investigative skills;
- Good report writing skills;
- Capable of presenting findings in written and oral format;
- Good command of the English language (both written and spoken);
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar role;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Ability to take ownership and act in line with agreed KPIs; and
- Sound knowledge of AML/CFT Laws and Regulations governing the EU and Malta.