- Liaising with the Head of Finance on the day-to-day operations.
- Maintaining accurate accounting records.
- Assisting in the month end process
- Posting of invoices and journals in our accounting software tool.
- Preparation and submitting of VAT returns on a timely basis.
- Ensuring financial recording is in line with VAT legislation.
- Perform reconciliations related to the Finance department.
- Preventive Controls and Review Controls.
- Assisting in the preparation of the financial statements.
- Coordinating with the Head of Finance in the implementation of new projects related to Finance.
- A University degree in Accountancy or ACCA .
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks on an individual and team basis, as applicable.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with the ability to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts.
- Competence in Excel, general IT and accounting packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Applicants need to be already living and working in Malta and in possession of an EU citizenship.