Our client is looking for a Business Analyst for the Software Development Department who will report directly to the Head of Software Development in the performance of his/her duties. The employee shall be responsible to co-ordinate with other members of the team to gather, process, and analyse information/requirements needed for the coordination and delivery of key, large, prioritised projects, programmes, and processes as defined by the Software Development department to achieve continuous improvement, make efficiencies, and introduce new functionality on our main systems; D365 CE and PowerApps Portal.
The employee shall join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams, to analyse, plan and roll-out products that deliver the organization's vision and strategy. The selected candidate shall be responsible for the following areas of responsibility, including, but not limited to the below.
- Capturing requirements and establishing specifications through the close collaboration with non-departmental stakeholders.
- Assist developers during release cycles with clarifications of tasks/requirements including proper software release management and change management.
- Analyse, develop and implement testing procedures and documentation including release documentation and other information as required.
- Understand business requirements in order to write acceptance criteria/technical criteria to be consumed by developers through the release cycle to help development throughput.
- Provide detailed technical advice and guidance including a support channel to internal/external clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) technical information at an appropriate level and in a suitable style, having assessed the audience.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, Computing or in a related/relevant discipline at MQF Level 6 (or equivalent) or appropriate comparable qualification.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be considered an asset.
- Proven ability to convert user requirements into technical requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft products including D365 CE will be considered an asset.
- Understanding of agile project management methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving ability, critical thinking skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Applies analytical and problem-solving skills to work on complex issues.
- Must be able to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Understanding of software development including programming languages, cloud-based software and testing approaches.
- Ability to identify risks that become present during a release lifecycle.
- Assumes ownership of any projects and features handled by the Department.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its life cycle.