- Assisting with compiling and implementing an annual plan in relation to quality checks performed in respect of supervisory work carried out by the FIAU’s Supervisory Section and its agents and the implementation of corrective action to address shortcomings identified;
- Ensuring that the FIAU’s internal policies, agreed working practices and standards are well documented, updated and effectively communicated to the Supervision Section;
- Providing training on supervision-related policies and procedures;
- Liaising, coordinating, and cooperating with various local and foreign Competent Authorities including the Malta Financial Services Authority/Malta Gaming Authority/Sanctions Monitoring Board/the National Coordination Committee for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism/the Malta Police Force and others as may be required from time to time, as well as with internal stakeholders.
- University Degree or an equivalent qualification (MQF Level 6) in Risk Management, Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Audit coupled with relevant work experience (preferably in areas related to audit/quality control/quality assurance/report writing) OR MQF Level 5 qualification in Risk Management, Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Audit or in any other subject relevant to this position and at least 4 years work experience preferably in areas related to audit/quality control/quality assurance/report writing.
- Applicants should be knowledgeable of the laws that govern the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation; Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Pleasant personality and be of good moral character;
- A clean criminal record.
- Preference may be given to applicants who occupied a position within the area of compliance.