Our client, a leading financial institution, is currently looking for a Core Systems Specialist to join their prestigious organization and team.
The Core Systems Specialist's prime focus will be on the Core Business Systems operations. The selected candidate will be monitoring all core related systems on a day-to-day basis, working evenings for end of day processing, offering continuous support to bank staff using a helpdesk management system and will have to work under pressure while prioritising his/her own tasks.
You will be responsible for:
- perform daily Core Business Systems operations, including but not limited to the Bank's end of day process during evening and Saturday schedules;
- provide general IT support in a timely manner;
- support other IT team members throughout their on-going analysis of helpdesk requests, with the aim of introducing efficiencies and fine-tuning processes;
- maintain and support the bank's ATM network;
- maintain and support the bank's Payment Gateway system;
- provide on-site support to several BNF Bank remote sites where necessary;
- perform needed backups, restore operations, and other disaster recovery operations;
- perform routine checks on the various Bank systems and maintain the appropriate records of the mentioned checks;
- share technical knowledge and ways of resolution with other team members;
- educate business end users on how to make effective use of their technological tools, to speed up problem resolution, whilst keeping abreast with new technology advancements; and
- establish good working relationships with the rest of the IT team.
Competencies and experience
The potential candidate should be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach.
The Core Systems Specialist will need to:
- have an MCAST or University Degree in a related ICT area of specialisation;
- ideally have work experience in an IT Core Systems role or function;
- be familiar with Relational Database Management Systems, ideally with a recent version of Microsoft SQL Server or ORACLE including some basic database administration;
- be familiar with database reporting, ideally with Microsoft Server Reporting Services;
- have a good command of the SQL scripting language;
- have knowledge of PowerShell tool;
- be flexible and willing to learn banking processes and systems;
- have a basic understanding of the banking sector;
- have the ability to think logically;
- have the ability to communicate effectively by possessing excellent listening skills and have the ability to interact confidently with internal customers;
- be a team player; and
- demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
Ideally the candidate will have strong knowledge on Windows systems, TSQL, SSIS and SSRS. Experience on IBM systems will also be considered as an asset.