Our client, a leading financial institution, is currently looking for a Data Governance and BI Manager to join their prestigious organization and team.
- collaborating with internal stakeholders, business teams and other development teams to provide data-driven insights into the business;
- setting up and maintaining the Bank's Data Warehouse;
- developing and maintaining reports using SQL Server Data tools as per business requirements;
- developing and maintaining BI reports, dashboards, infographics and other related visuals;
- supporting data model improvements and data performance issues;
- rolling out an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality, data availability and data integrity;
- facilitating the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards;
- coordinating and executing information governance improvements across the enterprise;
- promoting the adoption of changes needed within the organization to support Data Governance program;
- setting and monitoring the adherence to data governance policies and standards;
- delivering and supporting long-term strategic goals & vision for BI platform in conjunction with data users, internal customers and other stakeholders; and
- defining and implementing Data Governance KPIs.
Competencies and experience
- potential candidate should have a positive attitude, be well-organised, with a disposition to learn. The selected candidate has to be meticulous with a team-oriented approach to work.
- possess a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Statistics or similar at MQF Level 6;
- be proficient in data governance activities such as data policy and procedures definition;
- have experience in data management techniques/standards for delivering high-quality data;
- have excellent knowledge of SQL, preferably TSQL;
- be able to work independently and effectively;
- possess analytical skills and be solution-oriented;
- have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence preferably in the financial sector;
- demonstrate experience of aligning Data Governance approaches and strategies to meet specific business objectives;
- have demonstrated strategic focus with capacity to shape and drive vision for advancing business intelligence objectives;
- have strong understanding of business analysis, business process reengineering, and information management techniques and protocols, including strategic planning processes and change management principles and practises;
- have strong experience with Microsoft Power BI visualisations;
- have experience with using other analytical tools available on the market; and
- have experience in using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools, including Microsoft Integration Server (SSIS), Microsoft Reporting Server (SSRS) and Microsoft Management Studio (SSMS).