Our client is on the look-out for a DevOps Tech Lead who will play a key role in delivering the organizations’ ambitious strategy to automate software release activities within the Digital Team. The candidate will be expected to use industry best-practices for release, configuration and implementation management.
The right candidate will have very strong coordination skills to support the overall orchestration processes that sees software being put into production, and will also possess advanced technical expertise in DevOps technologies to maintain and continuously improve upon the underlying CI/CD infrastructure.
- Interact with product management, project management, development and operations teams to plan, validate and execute software releases and system rollouts
- Introduce, maintain and improve best-in-class container/workload orchestration solutions
- Maintain and improve upon software release processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices and tools
- Work closely with development teams to help select tools, design infrastructure, implement automation and facilitate the software build/release process
- Coach and mentor all members of the team
- Keep oneself up-to-date on prevailing DevOps practices and tools
- Maintain and report upon suitable KPIs
- Support the Software Delivery, QA, Test Automation, and Application Operations teams as required in meeting set objectives and strive for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent level of technical background gathered from other certifications and/or working experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the DevOps related field
- Experience using applications and tools across the various DevOps domains such as but not limited to, GIT, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Liquibase, Cucumber, Docker, SonarQube, Nexus and HashiCorp Vault
- Experience working on and administering different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and Linux
- Good scripting skills in languages prevalent in the industry, such as bash, groovy, etc
- Experience deploying and using container/workload orchestration solutions, such as HashiCorp Nomad, Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Demonstrable experience working with application load balancer and service discovery technologies, such as NGINX, Traefik and Consul
- Good knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL
- Experience related to release management, configuration management, and change management
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and Agile processes
- Capability to mentor and coach junior team members
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- High level of self-motivation, self-organization, orientation to detail, ability to prioritize many tasks and commitment to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills