- provide senior management with a compliance framework which assists in the ongoing identification, assessment, mitigation, and monitoring of compliance risks
- Fostering strong working relationships with all parts of the business such that Compliance is seen to be proactively engaged as a trusted business partner.
- Providing a pro-active advisory service to all clients and colleagues in relation to regulatory and reputational risk matters.
- Identifying any regulatory developments that may have the potential to the Group
- Overseeing the development of policies and procedures including a compliance monitoring plan designed to minimise the risk of regulatory breaches and damage to the company
- Ensuring that all breaches are investigated and appropriately resolved and where necessary escalated to the CCO and other members of the Senior Management team
- Ensuring that an appropriate control framework is in place to monitor the effectiveness of each client’s compliance with the company's policies and procedures
- Representing the Malta Compliance function at all relevant governing bodies and updating senior management on all matters of compliance pertaining to the company
- Setting the objectives of the department and individual roles and responsibilities.
- Assessing the overall skill sets of the team and training
- Relevant experience working in-house at an MFSA regulated firm or in a compliance consulting role.
- Knowledge of the European regulatory framework , AIFMD, MIFID and local MFSA rules
- The ideal candidate must be team oriented
- Candidate must already be PQ'd by the MFSA
An attractive salary will be offered to the chosen candidate commensurate with experience and qualifications.