• Updating accounting records, including but not limited to journal entries, EPOS entries and posting of supplier and intercompany invoices.
• Maintaining the creditors ledger, including payments to local and foreign suppliers by bank transfers on a timely basis, follow-up any queries or refunds and reconciliation of suppliers statements.
• Maintaining the debtors ledger, including assisting in debt collection, preparation of sales invoices, monitoring bank receipts and posting on a timely basis.
• Updating of the fixed assets registers.
• Supervision of stores cash reconciliations and handling deposits of funds received.
• Periodic cash counts at various cash points.
• Assisting in the preparation of various balance sheet reconciliations, including but not limited to bank, cash and creditors.
• Assisting in the preparation of accruals and prepayments.
• Liaising with company auditors during the annual audit.
• Maintaining an orderly financial filing system.
• Carrying out the ad-hoc office duties as may be requested by the management.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in computer related applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Have at least 3 years experience in a finance role.
- Be responsible, meticulous, highly organised, punctual,
- Have good communication skills in English. Knowledge of Shireburn Financial Management (SFM) will be considered an asset.
- At least an O Level standard qualification in Accounting.