Main duties include:
- Maintain general ledger including the preparation and inputting of journal entries on a daily basis.
- Reconcile bank accounts and statements.
- Record purchase orders for accruals and checks their approvals
- Check invoices and distribute them for authorisation according to the Bank's policies
- Prepare the payment run, record prepayments and accruals, issue bills payables and refer them for signature.
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT returns.
- Ensure that the petty cash is maintained appropriately.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Financial Controller.
- Degree in accounting (candidates working towards their ACCA qualification will be considered)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a financial relevant role
- Ability to effectively manage tasks with limited supervision.
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office, namely MS Excel
- Fluent Maltese and English
Applicants need to be in possession of an EU citizenship and already based in Malta.