The ideal candidate will be expected to have experience within hospitality and lead the finance department in a professional and efficient manner while motivating the team members and being responsible for their career development and training.
- Planning and execution of financial duties and projects of a company.
- Development of the hotels’ financial policies and procedures in line with the group standards and industry norms.
- Compile financial reports and supervise month-end processes, including the preparation of the Management Accounts, in line with the established deadlines.
- Preparation of budgets, cash flow forecasts, and financial reports as required from time to time.
- Preparation and submission of all statutory returns
- Monitor and control the hotels’ cashiering and internal control procedures to safeguard the company’s assets.
- Ensure that inter-company reconciliations have been completed and forwarded to Head Office.
- Manage and monitor metrics, KPI tracking, and reports for the financial department.
- Perform any other work as directed by the General Manager, Head of Finance, and CFO.
- Degree in Accountancy or ACCA qualification
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Smart, mature, and of professional disposition
- Capable to work on own initiative and flexible hours
- Proficient computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in accounting packages is a necessity
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
- Fluent in both Maltese and English language