The suitable candidate will be instrumental in improving the quality of the Group's consolidated financial reporting. Should have professionalism and experience to act as a trusted manager, and able to demonstrate a commitment to the values and aims of the company by offering energy, stamina and flexibility to contribute to the overall success of the company.
- taking ownership of the production of high-quality financial accounts and reports for the Group and subsidiary companies
- ensuring the company complies with all the regulatory requirements regarding financial reports
- taking ownership of the Group's multi-currency consolidation process for both monthly internal management and statutory purposes.
- review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including multi-currency intercompany reconciliations
- oversight of the accounting for the Group's holding companies
- administer, develop and improve the accuracy of consolidation system for the group recently implemented system
- developing and implementing best practice processes and systems across the Group
- technical accounting support to operating businesses
- key point of contact for auditors, taking day-to-day responsibility for the smooth running of the audit process
- maintaining company secretarial data and filings with companies house for group companies
- supporting on a variety of ad hoc projects as required
- minimum 5 years experience in Consolidations
- Qualified Accountant (ideally ACA/CIMA, or similar)
- Excellent command of MS Excel, strong analytics, report writing and communication skills, problem solving, working under pressure.
- Resourceful character and willing to get involved across the full spectrum of Group finance responsibilities.
- Experience of Hyperion would be beneficial