Our client is currently on the lookout for a Head of Architecture. This role is for a technology and people leader who wants to have a fundamental influence on the trajectory of a fast growing company, providing vision and technical leadership within the realms of project delivery, solution architecture and data science. The Head of Architecture will also support engagements in the digitalisation advisory area as well as participating, where required on technology implementation projects. The selected candidate will balance technological opportunities with business (process) requirements. Always maintaining a holistic view of the company's strategy, processes, information and ICT assets, and link the business mission, strategy, and processes to the IT strategy.
- Lead the engineering team and manage its activities and performance.
- Collaborate with the sales team on pre-sales technical activities and Proof of Concept engagements.
- Plan manpower together with the Chief Technology Officer/Chief Operating Officer.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members.
- Ensure that personnel in assigned teams are equipped with the adequate skills and certifications, driving the necessary training investments, leveraging modern development practices and continuous improvement as appropriate.
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure successful project delivery.
- On-board new personnel into their respective teams and act as architects/gurus for projects in their respective spheres.
- Oversee the design of complex systems and solutions and be directly involved in technical projects during peak demand, providing support to the team as and when needed.
- Act as the main point of liaison within the Technology & Projects group for Sales when it comes to RFPs/tender responses.
- Support the marketing team in content and blog development, producing articles that will, in turn, drive the company forward as a thought leader in its industry.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies and assess their applicability to the organization.
- A qualification in a Computer Science/ICT related area (MQF Level 6 or higher) AND a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership / architecture / related role
- Experience with managing teams working within an ICT construct.
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven tracks reckon in high performance software development environments.