Our esteemed client is looking for an experienced and talented Head of Legal to join our Executive team and oversee the day to day legal and compliance activity within the company. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience of working within the legal and compliance field and have a strong understanding of the payments and finance sector. A team player with strong analytical and communication skills in both English and Maltese.
- Review and maintain company policies, ensuring they are always up to date.
- Manage the company’s legal and compliance operations.
- Advise Management and ensure they are up to date with the latest compliance laws and regulations.
- Provide relevant advice to the company stakeholders on all legal matters.
- Work with the MLRO to report on any compliance infringements.
- Regularly review and update the company’s practices to identify possible risks.
- Ensure all employees are up to date with the latest compliance laws and regulations.
- Draft legal documents as required including but not limited to management agreements, minutes of board meetings and staff contracts.
- Be the main point of contact for all legal requirements within the company.
- Possess a Doctor of Laws or a Legal Degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a lawyer
- Strong working knowledge of legislation and regulation
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English and Maltese – any other language is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of fintech and payments industry will be considered an asset.
- Highly- Analytical with strong attention to detail and the ability to identify risks and proactively provide solutions
- Competitive remuneration package
- Private Healthcare & Dental Care