The IT Asset Management Specialist is accountable for executing and/or coordinating all IT Asset Management processes as may from time to time be required by the Company by ensuring that information relating to all IT (hardware and software) assets owned by the organization, leased or sold to customers is well-maintained and kept up to date throughout the assets’ life cycle so as to support key processes and fulfil contractual obligations the company may have with customers and/or third-party vendors.
The selected candidate shall interact with Technical, Commercial and Finance teams, senior management and third-party vendors/suppliers to ensure that asset management processes are executed appropriately, and in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains documentation of IT Asset and Configuration Management procedures, processes, and reports.
- Performs day-to-day management of the IT asset inventory in collaboration with the Service Management, Commercial, Technical and Finance teams.
- Supports and manages requests from customers and responds according to the defined IT Service Level Agreement.
- Collaborates with Service Management and Technical Teams where applicable towards timely response to customers.
- Executes processes to ensure effective management of IT assets throughout their lifecycle, including:
- Maintaining accurate Configuration Management Database [CMDB] and Software Library content – including records of information such as licenses, service agreements and warranties pertaining to the IT assets used, sold or leased by the Company – to support of key commercial and technical support processes;
- Coordinating with the Technical and Service Management teams to ensure that CMDB and Software Library content is appropriately updated;
- Performing ongoing verification/audit of CMDB and Software Library content and initiating corrective actions to address any identified discrepancies and tracking them until successful resolution;
- Coordinating with the Commercial team to ensure that the usage of IT assets is compliant with any contractual obligations towards customers and/or third-party vendors’, including ensuring appropriate (and timely renewal/extension of) vendor support coverage as well as ensuring compliance with applicable end-user/software licensing policies.
- Utilises integrated software solutions that connect all company departments involved with IT assets, including the Commercial, Service Management, Technical and finance teams
- Generates and distributes various reports, including compliance reports on current assets and Configuration Items [Cis] and their status as may be required.
The person should possess the following:
• Minimum Higher national diploma in IT or Management;
• Excellent communication and management skills;
• Strong diligence and time management skills as well as an ability to work under pressure;
• Experience in IT Asset Management processes;
• And ideally have experience / understanding of key vendors’ support and licensing policies
The chosen candidate will be primarily involved in:
• IT Asset Management of both hardware and software
• Periodic reporting to third-party vendors
• Carry out routine audits on CMDB to ensure that asset information is accurately updated.
• Assist management in asset related audits.