Our client is currently looking for an IT Security Specialist to join the current team. As an IT Security specialist, you will be responsible for the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of all the organization’s information systems in compliance with the company’s Information security policy and procedures. This position is committed to 24/7 support and is responsible for working collaboratively with the ICT team to meet expectations and goals.
- Build a relationship with business units and technical teams to identify the environment, the attack surface, and the IT risk posture of the company.
- Report on the IT risks which the company is facing.
- Conduct regular internal and external vulnerability scans on our client's core systems and the hosting environment and raise tickets with the respective teams for remediation.
- Carry out security reviews for new or major changes in applications.
- Provide your security opinion on new projects and initiatives.
- Monitoring of security controls including reviewing malware report alerts, e-mail quarantine and other security controls.
- Conduct penetration testing assignments as required from time to time.
- Liaise with security auditors and regulators as required.
- Keep up to date with latest threat information and deliver your knowledge in a yearly information security awareness training session.
- An Information Technology related degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years working in an information security position.
- Familiar with the PCI DSS and other relevant standards.
- Good knowledge of the OWASP top ten application security risks and ways to protect against them.
- Awareness of vulnerabilities affecting common Internet protocols and ways to mitigate these risks.
- Security certifications such as CISA, CISSP or OSCP will be considered an asset.