Our client is looking to expand their Tech department with an experienced Back end Developer who will be responsible in building enterprise grade systems for the company.
The chosen candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience working in a software development role, proficient in OO languages, have experience in building enterprise grade systems which are robust, scalable, of high performance and secure, and finally be open to learn the latest cutting edge technologies and patterns.
- Work with development teams and product managers to create and enhance software systems in line with business strategy and priorities.
- Build, test and deploy software in line with the company’s standards, best practices and versioning tool.
- Follow agile principles and methodologies embraced by software development teams.
- Perform the necessary research on technologies and patterns to ensure quality of products.
- Take part in architectural design discussions.
- Write technical and user documentation when necessary.
- Maintain code integrity, quality and responsiveness of software tools.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and to meet multiple deadlines.
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies Kanban or Scrum), Jira and Confluence.
- Proficiency in Java and Java enterprise technologies such as Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Spring Security, JMS, Hibernate, ORM, Tomcat.
- Cognisant on REST and messaging services like Rabbit MQ.
- An understanding of build automation tools (such as Maven), Git, CI, and bug tracking.
- Extensive experience with databases (ideally PostgreSQL).
- Proficiency in Linux.