The candidate will be performing duties to improve the Section’s efficiency in relation to the monitoring of compliance and ensuring adherence to the Use of Cash (Restriction) Regulations as guided by the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (Cap 373 of the Laws of Malta), together with the following duties,
- Assisting in the monitoring of transactions, specifically in ensuring adherence and compliance to the Regulations;
- Participation in internal committees as may be required;
- Assisting with the enforcement of both administrative and criminal aspects of the law;
- Liaise and cooperate with various stakeholders and competent authorities including Government agencies;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintaining Information Management Systems updated;
- Carrying out onsite visits to gather the necessary information;
- Assisting in the Collection of comprehensive statistical data;
- Applicants must either be in possession of a university degree ( MQF Level 6) preferably in Banking, Law, Accountancy, Forensic Accountancy, Audit, Finance or in any other subject provided that the applicant has proven working experience of a minimum of two (2) years in a financial service, financial intelligence, financial investigative or a regulatory ambit; or
- In possession of an MQF level 5 qualification in Banking, Law, Accountancy, Forensic Accountancy, Audit, Finance and at least three (3) years work experience relevant to this post;
- Fluency in both Maltese and English languages is essential.
Our client also introduced the possibility of having flexible working hours.