Our client, a leading Gaming Advisory Company is seeking to recruit a Responsible for the company legal affairs and representation of the Gaming Advisory Company in all legal matters, including litigation, negotiations, and all other legal matters as required by the Head of Legal & Enforcement, Head of Legal & Regulatory Affairs (‘senior management’) and/or the Gaming Advisory Company .
- To support senior management in providing legal advice to the Chairperson, Board of Governors, Chief Executive Officer and the Gaming Advisory Company in general;
- To draft or review agreements and legal documents, and conduct negotiations on behalf of the Authority;
- To take a proactive role in ensuring that the authority meets its obligations in terms of all applicable legislation, and corporate governance requirements;
- To demonstrate a good understanding of Maltese and European legislation;
- To conduct and plan legal research on multi-disciplined aspects of law;
- To provide miscellaneous legal advice on various contractual and governmental obligations;
- To represent the Authority in its enforcement functions including the drafting and issuing of enforcement measures on behalf of the Gaming Advisory Company ;
- To represent the Gaming Advisory Company in any court cases as required and to assist the police force in criminal cases which are gaming related;
- To tender advice with respect to the Gaming Advisory Company processes in the light of better regulation policies;
- To represent the Gaming Advisory Company in local and international fora including conferences, exposition centres as well as gaming related meetings;
- To keep abreast with all local and international developments conducive to the Gaming Advisory Company regulatory functions; and,
- To carry out such other duties and functions as may be assigned by senior management or by the Gaming Advisory Company .
- In possession of a law degree. A valid warrant to practice as an advocate in the courts of Malta and Gozo shall be considered an asset;
- Having previously worked or trained in other legal or related roles;
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Gaming in Malta shall be considered an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Thinks and acts strategically;
- Takes ownership of work; and,
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.