The selected candidate will provide administrative assistance to the General Counsel and the legal team to ensure the effective and smooth administrative function within the legal department.
- To provide general administrative support to the legal department.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail, screening, distributing, and taking action as appropriate for the legal department.
- Drafting of correspondence on behalf of the legal team.
- Coordination of courier services for the delivery of documentation for the legal department.
- Providing assistance to the General Counsel such as but not limited to, managing of calendar and handling of correspondence where and as required and ensuring action items are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Effective management of electronic and physical filing.
- Keeping abreast with relevant court sittings and court deadlines as required.
- Gathering and organising of supporting documentation required for court sittings or other purposes as may be directed by the General Counsel or other team members.
- Coordination of internal and external meetings and other events.
- Assisting with the organisation of conferences.
- Making travel arrangements including coordination of flights and accommodation.
- Ensuring that the General Counsel and team members are prepared for meetings and speaking engagements by taking a proactive approach.
- Continuously looking for innovative ways of improvement.
- Dealing with procurement requirements in line with public procurement procedures for the legal department
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree level of education;
- At least 2 years’ prior experience in an administrative function. Experience in a similar role within a legal setting will be given preference.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment.