One of our esteemed clients, a tour de force in the realm of trusts and corporate services, are looking to grow their legal and compliance team with this very attractive and exciting role.
- Support the team in relation to corporate matters, formation, dissolution and restructuring of legal structures (Trusts, Foundations and Companies);
- Drafting and reviewing contracts;
- Conducting legal research in accordance with the needs of the team/group of companies.
- Liaise with authorities, as well as, other professional services firms to support clients in their operations;
- Assist with the documentation of commercial transactions, including transactions relation to the sale and acquisition of vessels;
- Organise Board Meetings, AGMs and management meetings and take minutes of the same.
- Keep abreast with legal developments;
- Work actively on client files, and ensure that deadlines are duly met;
- Co-ordinate AML compliance both at on-boarding as well as ongoing file reviews of clients and of the group companies;
- Review of ongoing monitoring obligations by the Company’s internal accounting and corporate departments;
- Assist in the compilation of client profiles;
- Assist during compliance audits;
- Organize and co-ordinate exercises for reporting requirements of regulated and unregulated group entities as required by FIAU, MFSA and IRD relative to FATCA/CRS requirements and any other reporting requirements as any relevant authority may impose;
- Assist with Regulatory Compliance as may be necessary;
- Keep abreast with new regulatory developments in relation to AML, CSP/Trustee rules and regulations, GDPR and other applicable regulatory obligations;
- Ensuring that all AML obligations are being adhered to by the Group of Companies;
- Assist the MLRO;
- Assist in updating the company’s policies and procedures and internal compliance manuals;
- Provide support to the MD as may be necessary;
- Perform any other duties as assigned or requested;
- The reporting line will be to the Managing Director and the person will be expected to work closely with our team in Switzerland.
- Masters in Law (or equivalent);
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role. (preferably in the financial services industry);
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Highly organised, excellent attention to detail;
- Pro-active, with the ability to work unsupervised are considered essential.
- You are able to adapt to different tasks as required.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal, another language would be considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of MS Office products.
- The chosen individual has to be motivated and meticulous in their execution of all tasks, enjoy working in small teams and be confident, polite and smart in their appearance.